Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Going Back


This story is about a girl
A girl who made me unfurl
She asked for my heart
I gave it as a single part
Keeping nothing for me
Cuz no one is as fine as she
In my heart, anyway, is how I feel
Though perhaps I'm "below the keel"
We had good times, we had the other
"She's bad for you," says my mother
"Perhaps," I reply, "but I still like her"
We broke up, got back together
Broke up again, feels like forever
Since I saw her smile, held her hand
Joking of course, not till the wedding band
Is on the girl's finger, whoever it may be
Whichever girl God deems is for me
But pride did the both of us in
We always felt we had to win

Ever met someone who completed you
But who couldn't or wouldn't be your beau
Because...................................................
Whatever the reason, it makes no difference
I don't want you to to make an inference
Of words poorly written, as I am no wordsmith
Or a poet, or a speaker. Let there be no myth
I am but a man, who enjoys playing with words
To express my thoughts and have them heard
Are you holding yourself back
Missing on what you lack
Due to your pride, your other half
The one who makes you laugh
Who makes you feel whole
And will complete your soul
If so, now is the time
With that, I finish this rhyme

So now I ask you, as you finish this post
Comment below, I'd appreciate it most

This thought occurred to me as I thought about relationships of friends whose stories I've been told and, or, witnessed firsthand. I am the furthest thing from a relationship guru, but after seeing countless couples break up because of an unwillingness to forgo their pride, one recently, I came up with this post.

The question you've been asked to comment on is, have you ever let a relationship die or end because of your pride?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. You're talented I see...
    Anyways, just discovered your blog. I'm also loving the graphics! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your compliments! I believe I wrote in my first post or two that I don't write for comments, but comments like that definitely act as a reminder to be more involved in the blogger world.

    Looking forward to spending some time on your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete