Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

More Posts Coming...?

Over the past few weeks, I've received a number of emails and a comment asking where I've been, if everything's okay, and if when/if I'm going to start blogging again. I started writing this post around the time I received the first inquiry, which was about a month ago. I'd like to thank you all, you know who you are, for asking after me. I appreciate it more than I am capable of expressing through words.

I've been, thankfully, incredibly busy. I have a job, for the first time, that I truly love. It's exciting, challenging, well-paying, etc. etc. Part of being challenging means it's also exhausting. It's also very time-consuming. Time that I would normally use to wile away writing about whatever is now a rare commodity. Time that I still do have for myself is usually used for dealing with personal matters and sleep.

A few years ago I would wish for a 28-hour day. Now I wish for a 38-hour day. I can imagine that when I get married I'll be wishing for a 48-hour day. 

There are so many things I want to do. There just isn't enough time in my day to do them all. One thing I recently realized though is that I need to write. I'm sure many of you can understand that feeling, and I am like you all in that sense.

Writing is an incredibly cathartic experience. Expressing, sharing, receiving, discussing, venting, asking and learning are only a sampling of the verbs of what goes on here in the blogging world. I miss it desperately and I can see that my mood is adversely affected by the lack of pure, good-Samaritan socializing that occurs here. Working (more) than full-time wreaks havoc with one's social life, so blogging is all I've got for the moment. Even though I don't really have it, I feel like I kind of do. Once a Blogger, always a Blogger?

So, I'm back. My contributions to the blogging world will most likely only be through the median of my blog for now, but I hope that will change soon. I've recently hired my very own Minion (Despicable Me, anyone?), so I think that will free up some of my time as I shed some drone work onto said Minion's hopefully capable shoulders. Of course, having someone doing some of my work means in theory I could take on more clients. So we'll have to see what my boss does with this "extra time" he is providing me.

I miss you all. I miss reading your thoughts, watching the videos you share, critiquing the fashion stuff and discussing the things we discuss.

I'm back, hopefully for good. I'll be sharing, and soon will try to be participating.

Until next time. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, don't mistake what I sent you...I didn't actually care if you were okay...just wondered where you'd been :-P

    !Not So Wondering Today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't worry, I know that you don't care about me. Others do though :-)

      Delete