Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Um, What?

There's something about me that attracts the interesting people in the world. Far be it from me to guess what it is, but there you have it. No matter where I go, what I'm wearing or what I'm doing, people feel that they can approach me about a myriad of topics. Everything from the time, to my laptop, to the following:

I was on the train to a meeting one morning when a guy with horrible ponytails decided that, of the laundry list of empty seats to choose from, the one next to me was the best one. Lucky me. He had chains, tattoos, a phone with a screen so shattered I couldn't believe it worked and a look of "You don't want to bump into me in a dark, deserted alley."

But I'm not one to judge based on appearances alone. Unfortunately, it soon became clear that his look wasn't just a matter of bark, but very much of bite as well.

"Yo, sorry ta bother you. Is this the train to x stop?"

"Yup, 4 stops away."

"Ok, thanks. Sorry ta bother you."

"No problem."

"Yo, do ya know where the criminal courts are at that stop?"

"No, sorry."

"Ok, thanks. Sorry ta bother you."

"No problem."

Naturally, my heart went from 0 to 120 in a heartbeat (beat that Ferrari!). I can only imagine how wide my eyes went at that question.

I'm still alive, so I guess he realized that it would be a bad idea to do anything while on a train on the way to criminal court.

Only me. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The first time I read this I fell off my chair laughing! Thanks for the laugh! If he had been a lawyer, the judge would've thrown him out based on his appearance...

      Delete