Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Be Relevant!

Ready for a rant?

There are posts that I've written that have received no comments. There are posts I've written that have received many comments. I'm fine with both. As a blogger, it's obvious which one I prefer, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy trying to write a post that will garner comments- that is hardly the point of this blog.

What does annoy me is when I get a comment that's completely irrelevant to the post. When people harp on a typo, a fact that hardly has anything to do with the post or anything of the sort, all it does is take away from the message I'm driving at or the idea I'm trying to impart.

A number of posts I've written have received comments such as that. If all you take away from a post about 9/11 is that I said 9/11 happened 22 years ago instead of 11, thank you, but please stop reading my blog. I'd like to believe that the message was significant enough that a mistake such as that would be overlooked, or at least emailed me to me rather than posted as a comment with no accompanying message on the content itself.

I write almost all of my posts completely on my phone, quickly. I try and review my posts for mistakes like that, but they get in. Please, do not comment on my posts if all you're going to comment about is a completely irrelevant point that has nothing to do with the main message of my post. Typos, tiny factual errors, grammar mistakes, etc. I'm really big into these things, so if you find one, please email me. But don't insult me or the message of my post by commenting on something like that when there are a lot more useful ways for you to contribute to my blog.

Thanks.

2 comments: