Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Class Complaints

Sitting in class with a professor who has a "thing" against me is one of the worst sorts of situations I can find myself in. As I type this, I'm thankfully being ignored by my professor.

It's a welcome reprieve after the way the class started. Without going into details, because I doubt I'll be able to finish this post before the hassling begins anew, but this professor has made it his mission that by the end of this semester, I'll be scarred for life from college.

This is rather unfortunate, as, if I had my way, I'd be in school for the rest of my life. For now though, uuuuughhh....

This professor is mind-boggling. He wants you to pay attention even when he's babbling about his grandchildren!!!! Now he's talking about his cell phone. Oh, now he's talking about seltzer.

Now we get to hear about his in-laws.

"Ok, I don't want to talk about this anymore," says the professor. Ten seconds later, back to that exact topic.

Now back to the seltzer!!!!!

Help me, G-d!

Update: For the first time in my life (who counts high school?), I've been thrown out of class. I asked, and I received. After an hour of abuse and listening to nothingness, I got up to leave half an hour before class ended. The professor made another stupid remark, and we got into a shouting match. Naturally, as the professor, he "won" hands down- having the power to throw a student from his class will do that. But I got my points in, and got major street cred while I was at it.


:-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how unprofessional. But that street cred might come in handy sometime!

    I don't think I've ever gotten sent out of class. I was way too scared of authority when I was younger, and then in my ultra-frum high school I tried to conduct my philosophical arguments without provoking shouting matches (which happened among classmates often). Now, thank G-d, I enjoy the classes and professors I have for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to that!

      I'm so envious. I think I've had two college professors that I can say I've genuinely enjoyed. I choose which classes I want to take at this point in my schooling, so with regards to the actual course, I know it's something I'll enjoy. The professors on the other hand, well, I'm at their mercy and more often than not it isn't pleasant.

      Delete